14 Zelita Road, Brisbane, Queensland, 4070 Australia
Brisbane’s inner western suburbs offer a peaceful village lifestyle amid pockets of natural forest. This serene ambience is captured to perfection at White Waltham, a private riverside estate covering approximately 13 acres or 5.2 hectares with 306 metres of riverfrontage. The expansive grounds, secluded behind high walls and remote-control gates, comprise a picturesque park-like landscape sloping gently down to the water. Government reserve on the opposite bank plus a cul de sac address ensure peaceful seclusion and views that will never be lost to development.
A long cobbled driveway leads to the a Cape Cod-inspired residence ranging over various levels. On the river aspect, leading off the large kitchen and informal dining area, is a traditional conservatory with peaked glass roof and window walls to take in views over the pool terrace and river. This opens onto a spacious deck accommodating two massive shade trees, ideal for relaxed outdoor living year-round. Formal entertaining comprises an elegant dining room and a cosy lounge with open fire. On the upper floor a luxury guest suite plus three family bedrooms adjoin a spacious media lounge with cathedral ceiling. On the lower ground floor is a fully equipped billiards room and an exquisitely crafted wine cellar with tasting room. To house the contemporary master suite an entire wing has been added, accessed via a glass-walled corridor from the reading room. The opulent suite features a panelled bedroom ceiling, open fireplace, kitchenette, exquisite hand-crafted cabinets and luxurious ‘his and hers’ ensuites.
Beyond the floodlit all-weather tennis court lies the summer house, dedicated to lavish entertaining. An airy dining hall, served by a Gaggenau catering kitchen, opens to a huge sandstone terrace with a gas fire pit. In addition to mens’ and ladies’ bathrooms, there is a glassed-in study or rest area with tranquil river views. Discreetly tucked away past the citrus orchard is a 3-bedroom caretaker’s residence, which adjoins garaging for six or more vehicles.
• Property under same ownership for 40 years, used as a seasonal residence
• High pitched ceilings, ducted reverse cycle air conditioning, deep plush ivory carpets
• Master wing with under-floor heating, screened river-view patio, twin WIRs & ensuites
• Guest suite features open fire, marble-finished ensuite, balcony overlooking pool
• Extra-large kitchen with granite-topped island benches & oak flooring
• Gaggenau appliances, butler’s pantry, solid timber cabinetry including wet bar
• Bathroom with access from pool incorporates steam shower & powder room
• Gradient from house to riverbank terraced in bush rocks & tropical plants
• 2nd tennis court beside a rocky creek would be an ideal site for stables
• Approx. 20 mins to Brisbane CBD, approx. 25 minutes to international airport